We’re hiring an Operation Manager
Starting salary: $65,000
Position: Full Time
Deadline: March 10, 2023
Enlace Latino NC is hiring an Operations Manager to oversee the expanded administrative, financial, and operational needs of our growing Spanish-language nonprofit newsroom.
This position is closed
As the operations manager, you will support the day-to-day functioning of our growing team — local and state reporters, partner newsrooms, and fundraising staff. You’ll become the point person for our finance and human resources matters, playing a key role as we begin operating independently and double the size of our organization. You will work closely with the executive director, the managing editor and the director of development. This position reports to the executive director.
As Enlace Latino NC enters its fifth year in operation, we’re at a critical stage of growth. Our public service journalism won +8 awards for filling a critical informational void, rigorously identifying formats that meet our audience where they’re at, and setting the precedent for how local news can best serve Spanish-speaking immigrants. In 2022, Enlace Latino NC was named the best Spanish digital news site in the U.S. by the National Association of Hispanic Publications.
You’re an ideal candidate if you have operations experience in either immigrant-serving media and/or non-profit or grassroots organizations, thrive in a startup environment, are comfortable co-developing systems and processes from scratch, are excited about bringing big ideas to the table, and are an outstanding communicator. We seek candidates who are energetic about advocating for underrepresented communities’ access to information, and feel invested in our mission to equip immigrants with the information they need to become more involved in changes that affect them.
This is a full-time position.
About this position
- Oversee internal financial and HR systems and processes, and establish the necessary operations infrastructure for the organization to grow
- Assist with monthly bookkeeping and financial reporting in coordination with our outsourced financial management firm
- Manage organization’s state and charitable registration status.
- Assist with recruitment, with a special focus on fostering diverse candidate pools, and manage our onboarding process for new employees
- Assist with preparation for board of directors meetings.
- Help coordinate in-person staff meetings and other executive travel.
- Manage accounts for organizational technology services (e.g., Zoom, Google Workspace).
- Ensure that day-to-day operations of the organization run smoothly, and assist with daily administrative tasks as needed
- As the organization continues to grow, proactively think about how our operations, infrastructure, systems and processes must evolve to ensure our operations continue to run smoothly
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Strong preference for Bilingual (Spanish-English) and Bicultural candidates
- Excellent task and project management skills.
- Works well in a team
- Great written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable working with diverse colleagues and stakeholders, including Spanish-speakers, immigrants and those in the LGBTQIA+ community
- Great problem-solving skills and mindset focused on finding solutions
- The ability to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Open to learning, iterating, and growing with the organization as it evolves
- Comfortable occasionally working outside regular office hours when needed (ie: for board meetings, etc.)
- Related work experience, including nonprofit operations, human resources, or executive support.
- Curiosity about nonprofit news, the needs of immigrant communities, and our mission
If you feel you do not meet all of these requirements but feel excited about this position and think you are a good fit, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage applications from immigrants, Latinxs, Indigenous candidates, people of color, women, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Compensation & Values
We are a diverse team of mostly first-generation immigrants who speak Spanish as a primary language. We have team members outside of the U.S. (in Latin America), which makes our work dynamic and fun. While we have yet to work on our DEI strategy, diversity is baked into our organizational values and we are eager to maintain that.
As an organization, Enlace Latino NC defends democracy and access to information for immigrants and people of color. We are passionate about serving underrepresented communities and setting a precedent for how local media can better meet their needs.
Remote, with a strong preference for candidates in North Carolina (particularly the Triangle Region). If remote, the candidate should be able to travel to Raleigh at least 1-time a month and as needed.
About Enlace Latino NC
Enlace Latino NC is North Carolina’s first nonprofit digital news organization in Spanish. Our mission is to empower the diverse community of Latinx immigrants in North Carolina to become more involved in the social, political, and economic changes that affect them. Our efforts have positioned us as a reliable political compass and information bridge for North Carolina’s growing community of Latinx immigrants and the non-profit and grassroots organizations that promote their active engagement in our democracy and civic life. Enlace Latino NC covers North Carolina local and federal politics, immigration policy, community affairs, and other news in Spanish via our website, four newsletters, a WhatsApp distribution list, a podcast, and social media.